Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Walk the Walk

A little bit ago, I was asked to write an entry for Laurie Lico Albanese's excellent blog: My Big Walk. (One woman. One year. One thousand miles.) When she first told me about this project I was nearly insane with jealousy. I could do that: one thousand miles in a year. That's only three miles a day. Chicken feed.

Well, my commitment to walking has waned as the weather's gotten colder. I used to be intrepid. Now I'm a wimp. The truth is, as soon as I wrote this piece about how I walk every single Sunday, I started blowing off the Sunday walk and opting for a nice, warm spin class instead.

Here's me backpedaling: Nancy and I do make it a point to walk together once a week, but sometimes it's not on Sunday. And sometimes it's later in the morning. This is just one of the reasons that the Walking Blog is such a great project for Laurie -- not for me. I'm sticking with tennis and geckos.

You can read the post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment