Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Haiku

One of the highlights of my year was when my friend Gina posted a Passover Haiku on her Facebook page. An entire Passover Haiku conversation ensued. It is my good fortune that she and her friends recently posted some Holiday Haiku for Christmas:

Gina T:

The holiday cheer
Can't hide the fact I'm freezing
My SoCal butt off

Gina T:
Giant, inflated
Homers, Scoobys and Big Birds
Unacceptable

Erika M:
Take it back, Jersey
Inflatable anything
Is filled with joy

Jim C:
Hail pre-paid gift cards!
All the spirit of Christmas
Without the effort

Gina T:
No more maudlin tune
This season than "Christmas Shoes"
Ouch! My ears! They bleed!

Kevin M:
Please stop Haiku
Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop!
Bake cookies instead

Erika M:
Why hate on haiku?
One bright spot in a sad world
No cookies for you

Emma T (Gina’s daughter):
My mom writes haikus
About winter holidays
She's totally weird

Emma T:
Kevin you should know.
Mother never bakes for me
Cookies are a dream

Erika M.
A little child speaks
Mother's haiku reddens cheeks
Woman, go bake now!

Dena H.
Wishing I could write
Witty seasonal haiku
Baking, I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment